This tutorial will cover the creation of a basic game using Unity
The game we will make is very simple. The player controls a yellow square with the arrow keys and must avoid touching red squares for as long as possible. The amount of time the player has survived will be displayed and a high score will be saved on the user’s machine.
A playable version of the game we will make can be found here:
- Creating the project.
- Importing the assets.
- Creating a ‘man’ that can move.
- Restricting the character’s movement to the bounds of the display.
- Recording and displaying game time
- Creating moving enemies.
- Destroying enemies when they go off screen.
- Detecting collisions and moving to the game over screen.
- Displaying and storing the high score.